Ruby on Rails Full-Stack Engineer (d/f/m, Berlin)
RemoteGermany, Berlin, Berlin€58,000 - €72,000 per yearTech & Engineering
Weather data for climate change predictions, street imagery data for autonomous driving, or logistics data for global supply chains analytics - External data is the essential ingredient for solving our toughest challenges in business, science, and society. That's why data should be available to everyone, not just in the hands of a few: Our Data Commerce Cloud™ powers the free trade and flow of commercial data across the world: Data commerce made easy.
We're looking for an experienced Full-Stack Developer (Ruby on Rails) to join our skilled engineering team. Together with other experienced full-stack software engineers, your mission is to advance the architecture and development of our easy-to-use Data Commerce Platform. Your code will reach 100k+ monthly users, shape a new software category, and help organizations and teams across the world to access the data they need.
Why this job is 🔥:
- Variety of challenges: Data engineering, B2B payments, technical SEO, consumer-style UI/UX for B2B interactions, marketplace integrations, and many more!
- Great autonomy: Our engineers are co-creating our product, can influence product decisions and are not mere ticket machines
- New industry: We're creating a new software category: Data Commerce, and you can shape a whole industry
- You build well-tested features from scratch and touch every piece of the tech stack (FE, BE, DB)
- You review code from your peers to improve code quality and coach/help them to learn and grow
- You implement easy-to-use web UIs for B2B users that are used to subpar experiences
- You enable international payments considering global taxation, B2B checkout methods, etc.
- You engineer a globally distributed data warehouse and fulfillment center for secure data delivery
- You co-develop a scalable microservices architecture that enables future growth
- You closely collaborate with the founders and colleagues from a product, business, and marketing
Transparency is one of our 9 principles for building the company we love. So here's the deal:
- Salary between €58k - €72k based on experience
- Participation in the virtual employee stock options program (VESOP)
- 28 days of vacation, flexible working hours (just align with your team)
- Mobility budget in the amount of a monthly BVG card
- Equipment of your choice e.g. Macbook Air M2, noise-canceling headphones, curved screen, etc.
- A highly-motivated, close-nit team with extremely talented and fun colleagues
- Fast career growth path, no corporate BS, proactive promotions, and salary increases
- Work from home whenever you want with our hybrid office policy
- Stylish penthouse office in the center of Berlin, standing desks, 1 Gbit/s internet
- Most importantly free snacks & drinks as well as quarterly team offsites and monthly night-outs!
Key fact: The start date is ASAP and the work location is Berlin (hybrid).
- You have at least 2+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer
- You have substantial teamwork experience with code reviews and retros
- You have practical experience in building and scaling Ruby on Rails applications
- You have experience in application architecture, micro-services, and containerization
- You have a strong user focus and web development experience
- You worked in multiple dev teams with different setups, practices, and stacks
- You have a degree in computer science, information systems, application programming, or similar
- You worked on e-commerce platforms and online marketplaces
- You worked with international B2B payment processing
- You worked with / built data warehousing technologies
- You worked on splitting monolithic applications into micro-services
- You have the ambition to become a team leader and shape the team
- You have experience and affinity to coach junior engineers
- Apply: Submit the application form
- Initial call (30 min): If we're a match, we’ll schedule a 30 min initial call
- Deep dive (60 min): Explore the job in a 1h deep dive with the hiring manager
- Founder talk + case study (30 min): Talk to our founders and ask them anything
- Team meeting (30 min): Drop by our office or join us for a virtual team hangout
- Offer: By now, you know us and we know you, let's make the magic happen!
Equal employment opportunity:
Datarade is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status
You can anytime learn more about us here: https://careers.datarade.ai/