Finance & Operations Manager (d/f/m)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinFinance & Operations
Data is essential to solving our toughest challenges in business, science, and society. That's why we democratise access to the universe of commercial data. Our Data Commerce Cloud™ is used by thousands of companies to easily exchange data in the most transparent, trusted, and efficient way - across the globe. Data commerce made easy.
We are looking for our first, entrepreneurial (Lead) Finance & Operations Manager (d/f/m) to help us build a scalable, sustainable, and well-run business: Your mission is to create financial and operational excellence at Datarade. You'll have the unique opportunity to shape a fast-growing & international B2B tech company together with the founders.
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A): You'll be responsible for managing and improving our financial planning and forecasting, as well as reporting budget vs. actuals to the management team.
- Accounting & Annual Report: Together with our tax advisor & bookkeeping (Steuerberater & Buchhaltung), you'll ensure a clean and timely bookkeeping process. Once a year, you'll work with our tax advisor and auditor to create and audit our annual report.
- Cash Management: You'll ensure liquidity by automating our invoicing and order-to-cash process, as well as continuously monitor, evaluate, and optimise our expenses - building an efficient spend culture.
- Investor Relations & Fundraising: You'll report our company's growth and financial health to investors and support the co-founders in raising funds from new investors with financial modeling and investment decks.
- Process Optimization & Digitisation: You'll build new structures to improve efficiency and collaboration, as well as design and establish new processes with the right tools that help us to run smoother financial & business operations.
- Business Intelligence: You'll create actionable business insights for the team with the help of dashboards and BI platforms.
- You'll support in all back-office topics like legal, contracts, IT, office, supplier mgmt., etc.
Transparency is one of our core principles for building the company we love. So here's the deal:
- Annual salary between €50K - €66K and bonus based on experience
- Participation in virtual employee stock options program (VESOP)
- 28 days of vacation, flexible working hours (just align with your team)
- Monthly retrospectives, quarterly and yearly OKR goal setting for alignment
- Equipment of your choice e.g. Macbook M1, noise-canceling headphones, large screen, etc.
- A highly-motivated, close-nit team with extremely talented and fun colleagues
- Fast career growth path, no corporate BS, proactive promotions and salary increases
- Work from home whenever you want with our hybrid office policy
- Stylish penthouse office in the center of Berlin, standing desks, 1 Gbit/s internet
- Most importantly free snacks & drinks as well as a Lelit espresso machine, football table, etc.
- At least 2-4 years of hands-on experience in a finance function
- Broad knowledge and experience across all relevant finance sub-topics
- You're a detail-oriented, data-driven numbers person that loves to get stuff done
- Degree in finance, business administration, international business, entrepreneurship, or similar
- Business fluent in German & English (verbal & written)
- Valid work permit for Germany
- Prior experience working in finance for a high-growth B2B tech startup
- Experience building up a finance & operations functions at a startup
- Experience with business intelligence tools and SQL
- Ambition to grow into a Head of Finance / COO role in the future
- Experience in Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Apply: Submit the application form
- Initial call (30 min): If we're a match, we’ll schedule a 30 min initial call
- Deep dive (60 min): Explore the job in a 1h deep dive with the hiring manager
- Founder talk (30 min): Talk to our founders and ask them anything
- Team meeting (30 min): Drop by our office or join for a virtual team hangout
- Offer: By now, you know us and we know you, let's make the magic happen!
Equal employment opportunity:
Datarade is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.